Carrot cheesecake recipe – Make this tasty carrot cheesecake. It not only looks good but tastes good to. The carrot cheese cake recipe is very easy to follow and all the ingredients are easily available from you local supermarket.
This carrot cheesecake recipe makes 8 medium to large slices and takes about 30 minutes to prepare. The cooking time will take approximately one hour.
You Will Need:
6 to 6.5 inch round spring form pan
Ingredients: For Cheesecake:
8 oz or 250 g cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup castor sugar (superfine sugar)
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup sour cream
For Carrot Cake:
1 cup All Purpose flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1/8 tsp clove powder
Pinch of salt
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil
2 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup dried coconut (optional)
1/4 cup raisins
For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
7 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbs butter, room temperature
1 cup icing / powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup ready whipped cream
Toasted whole pecan nuts to decorate
Caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 C, 350 F. Using a piece of foil and parchment paper bigger than the tin, clip both together onto the bottom of a 6.5 inch spring form pan. Paper above the foil. Do not trim off excess foil and paper but just bring it up the outer side of the tin. Grease paper and up the sides of the tin.
- For Cheesecake part: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times. Add eggs one at a time, then lemon juice and sour cream. Set aside mixture in a bowl.
- For the Carrot Cake part: In a separate bowl, sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove powder and set aside.
- With a clean mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually add sugar and beat until thick and pale. Add oil slowly, then vanilla and maple syrup. Add the flour mixture in batches and beat until incorporated. With a spatula, fold in the carrot, coconut and raisins.
- Put 1/2 of cake batter in the prepared pan. Next dollop about 1/3 cup of cheesecake batter on top of the cake batter. Put the rest of the cake batter over this mixture and pour the rest of cheesecake mixture over. DO NOT SWIRL – The batter will ‘swirl’ by itself during cooking!
- Place a small baking pan filled with some hot water in the bottom of your oven (this will prevent the cheesecake from cracking). Then place the cake in the oven on a medium shelf. Alternatively, you can fill a large baking pan with water half way up, and place the cake pan directly in the water bath. Bake for around 60 minutes, until the center is slightly wobbly. Allow to cool and refrigerate until its cold enough to frost.
- For the Frosting part: Beat cream cheese for a minute, then add butter. Beat till incorporated. Add sugar and vanilla until fluffy. DO NOT over beat or you will get a runny mixture and have to start over. Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble: Remove cooled cheesecake cake from the baking pan and parchment paper. Put onto a plate or cake board.
- Frost the whole cake with frosting. Decorate pecan nuts all around. Drizzle caramel sauce on top and crush up a few pecan an put over caramel sauce.
FEATURED SA BUSINESS PAGES
Do you have a business? Advertise on the South African Website with your own business page designed by us click here to find out more. Or create a free business web page and tell the world about your business.
Join the South African Website and post your recipes on our website in a few minutes. Click here to register. Once you signed up go to your dashboard click on new post and write your recipe out, make sure to post under the recipes category.